7pm – 8:30pm
11am – 12:30
6:30 – 8:00pm
7:30 – 9:00pm
7pm – 8:30pm
Kilbarron Parish Cr.
Station Hse Hotel
Family Resource Cr.
The Hub (St Columbas)
This Stress Control programme is being delivered all over the world.
It is easy to understand and there is no pressure to speak. it runs for 6 sessions and is for everyone.
Session 1: What Is Stress?
- INFORMATION: How Stress Control works. Detailed information about stress: anxiety, depression, insomnia, etc. Audio examples. How common is stress? The 14 most common signs. Anxiety and depression tests. What keeps stress going? The Vicious Circle. Important statements.
- SKILLS: Getting started: Stress Control in ten words: face your fears, be more active, watch what you drink.
Session 2: Controlling Your Body
- INFORMATION: The vicious circle: how the body feeds stressed feelings. Anxiety: fight/flight/faint/freeze. Depression: being overwhelmed and withdrawing. ‘I had a black dog’.
- SKILLS: Caffeine, breathing retraining, exercise, progressive relaxation. Relaxation CD or code to access relaxation section of website.
Session 3: Controlling Your Thoughts
- INFORMATION: The role of vigilance and threat; ‘grasshopper thinking’ and ‘the Blinkers’.
- SKILLS: Thinking your way out of stress: ‘Wait a minute’, the Big 5 Challenges’, Breaking stress up.
Session 4: Controlling Your Actions
- INFORMATION: The vicious circle: how actions feed stressed feelings, body symptoms and thoughts. Building the positive circle – seeing the big picture. Effects of avoidance and behaviour.
- SKILLS: Face your fears; getting out of the safety zone; problem solving.
Session 5a: Controlling Panic Feelings
- INFORMATION: Dealing with feeling overwhelmed with a focus on the role of breathing in causing stress and, by controlling it, in controlling stress.
- SKILLS: Breathing retraining, preventative CBT approaches.
Session 5b: Getting A Good Night’s Sleep
- INFORMATION: Looks at the importance in getting a good night’s sleep and the problems lack of sleep or poor quality sleep cause.
- SKILLS: Relaxation, ‘Sleeping tips’ and ‘Retraining your sleep’.
Session 6: Wellbeing
- INFORMATION: The importance of strengthening wellbeing in combination with removing stress
- SKILLS: ‘Five a day’: Connect, Be Active, Keep learning, Give, Take notice. The last of these leads into mindfulness. End by ‘controlling the future and ‘becoming your own therapist’.
No need to book – just come along
Also – checkout our facebook page (Donegal Mind Wellness) for regular updates on new courses and other information.No posts available